DIY Wooden Photo Frame

Share:


Had some spare time this weekend and a bit of wish to impress my partner. So went ahead and created these pallet photo frames to flash some of my magic on her..


Items required



One of my mate gave me these pallet planks from their broken bed, which I am going to use in making the photo frames.

Other than that, for this project we need:
Pallet Wood

Protective equipment like:
Face mask : Amazon
Glasses : Amazon
Gloves : Amazon
Sanding Tool : Amazon
Hammer : Amazon
Measuring Tape : Amazon
Nails
Handsaw or Chop-saw : Amazon
Knife : Amazon
Pliers : Amazon
Pencil : Amazon
and Paint of your choice : Amazon
VELCRO Removable Picture Hangers : Amazon


Wood Cutting



Since the pallet planks are very well sanded and polished, I did not had to waste my time in sanding an polishing them.
I wanted to keep the size of my frames pretty standard so I cut them into 14"x19" blocks.
Using a chop-saw I cut 45degree angels on both sides of the plank.


Joining The Blocks



Using wood-glue, I am joining all the pieces that I extracted from the pallet planks in the previous step. I added a bit of masking tape to hold the pieces together until they completely dry up.


Coloring



On my way back from work, I found these amazing pieces of art lying along the roadside. Things like these, really fascinate me.



I painted one of them black and another one brown. Then, using hot-glue I attached them to the base pallet plank. I also glued an artificial flower pot, which I bought from a nearby local shop for $5.  


Putting Up On The Wall



To hang the frame, I am going to use "VELCRO Removable Picture Hangers". By using these, I don't have to drill any hole in the wall, and if the setup doesn't look good here, I can just pull it out and paste it somewhere else in the house. 
So, this how my final setup looks like. Do comment and let me know if there is any scope of improvement.


Thanks


Thanks again for checking my post. I hope it helps you.
If you want to support me subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tarantula3


Chop-saw : Amazon
VELCRO Removable Picture Hangers : Amazon

Support My Work:
BTC:  1M1PdxVxSTPLoMK91XnvEPksVuAa4J4dDp
LTC:  LedWPdTaUzr5iaJx8garkcykSs1DZU1FAx
DOGE: DQoaLEn7aWpcwt8ZpyWfiBXzw7XM6Ksv2x
ETH:  0xB62a901Ee6cE24f3153CA6ae565C2A6533066faA
BAT:  0xB62a901Ee6cE24f3153CA6ae565C2A6533066faA
LBC:  bZ8ANEJFsd2MNFfpoxBhtFNPboh7PmD7M2

Thanks, ca again in my next tutorial.


Tags
----
DIY Wooden Photo Frame, Wooden Photo Frame,Photo Frame,how to make a photo frame,woodworking project, pallet projects,pallet hunter,Chop-saw,pallet plank,Wood Cutting,

1 comment:

  1. You did a very nice job I like your website it is very interesting and helpful for me I am really sure that you enjoyed during writing the content on your website
    backlit led canvas art

    ReplyDelete