DIY Cardboard Tank V2

Share:

  

The history of the tank begins with World War I. Armored all-terrain fighting vehicles were introduced to combat the trench warfare, ushering in a new era of mechanized warfare. By World War II, tank design advanced significantly. 

Though initially raw and unreliable, tanks eventually became a mainstay of the ground armies.

In this quick tutorial, I am going to make a DIY Tank using cardboard sheets. It will only take 20 minutes of your valuable time to create this DIY Masterpiece.


Components Used

  • To create the DIY Tank we need:
  • Cardboard Sheet 
  • A4 Paper
  • Permanent Marker
  • Scissor and a Knife
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Optional Plaster of Paris
  • Optional Sandpaper 
  • Water Color and Coloring Brushes

The Template



So, this is the template I created for the Tank's body. I will provide the link in the description below. Using a paper cutting scissor, I extracted all the shapes from the template. 


Cutting The Cardboard



Then I traced the paper-cutouts on pieces of cardboard and using both scissor and knife I extracted all the pieces of cardboard that I need for this project.




Joining Pieces



Using a hot-glue gun I joined all the cardboard cutouts.
Be very careful while using a hot-glue gun. Use gloves as much as possible to avoid the hot glue from burning your hand and fingers. 
By using wood-glue instead of hot-glue you can get a cleaner and stronger finish, but hot glue is faster. Hot glue can also be more forgiving as you can re-heat and re-glue if you're unsatisfied with your seam.
Try applying the glue from the inner side as much as possible to leave the outer side neat and clean.



Coloring



So, this is how my cardboard Tank looks like. Using green, brown and black Acrylic Color I painted the body of the Tank. It totally depends on what color you want to apply; but, please do not paint it red or pink, ha ha....



By changing the shape and size of the canon, body, caterpillars or the top section of the tank, or by applying a different set of colors you can generate a new model and add to your DIY collection.
 
 

Thanks

 

Thanks again for checking my post. I hope it helps you.
If you want to support me subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tarantula3



Support My Work

  • BTC:  1M1PdxVxSTPLoMK91XnvEPksVuAa4J4dDp
  • LTC:  MQFkVkWimYngMwp5SMuSbMP4ADStjysstm
  • DOGE: DDe7Fws24zf7acZevoT8uERnmisiHwR5st
  • ETH:  0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
  • BAT:  0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
  • LBC:  bZ8ANEJFsd2MNFfpoxBhtFNPboh7PmD7M2

Thanks, ca again in my next tutorial.
 

 
DIY Cardboard Tank, DIY Tank, Cardboard Project, Cardboard Tank, World War I, World War II, WWI, WWII, WWI Tanks, mechanized warfare, DIY Masterpiece, caterpillar, canon, barrel, cardboard template, Acrylic Color, cardboard diy, cardboard project, how to make cardboard tank, how to, from cardboard, battle tank, tank from cardboard

No comments