DIY - Desk Planter

Share:

DIY - Desk Planter


This lockdown, gave me an once in a lifetime opportunity to convert some of my pallets to amazing DIY projects.
We all are doing our best to keep a positive attitude while in this lockdown situation and hope that by staying at home we can help others. Our thoughts and prayers are continually with all those who are suffering. Please stay safe and stay well, and most preferably stay at home!

Hardware Requirement
-------------------------------

For this project we need:
Pallet Wood
Measuring Tape
Hand Saw or Chop Saw
Knife
Hammer
Pencil
Nails
Artificial Turf &
Artificial Decorative Plants which I bought from AliExpress for a Dollar each.

Protective equipment like:
Face mask
Glasses
Gloves


Sanding
------------

Lets start the project by sanding the plank to give it a nice and smooth texture.


Wood Cutting
-------------------

After that, I am cutting two 17cm and two 10cm blocks from the plank. Frankly speaking, you can chose any size based on how much space you have and how many plant you want to put into the box.


Assembly
-------------


Once all the blocks are ready, its just a matter of putting them all together with medium sized nails. 


For the backplate, I am using a cardboard extracted from a broken chest's drawer. I have previously used it in another project, I will provide the link in the description below.


I am using thermocol to fill in the extra space inside the box. Thermocol will keep the setup light and tidy.


Then, I am adding the artificial turf on the top of the thermocol block.
Now to wrap it all up, I am adding the artificial plants on top of the turf. That's it all done.


Painting
-----------

I initially had no plans of painting the box, however based on my partners advise I went ahead and painted the box to give it a modern look.


Thanks
----------

This is another beautiful creation of the wooden pallet that is recycled into an excellent piece of work. 
Thanks again for checking my post. I hope it helps you.
If you want to support me subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tarantula3
Full Blog Post: https://diy-projects4u.blogspot.com/2020/08/diy-desk-planter.html
Video: https://youtu.be/4uZch96AMGY

BTC: 35ciN1Z49Y1bReX2U7Etd9hGPWzzzk8TzF 
LTC: MQFkVkWimYngMwp5SMuSbMP4ADStjysstm
ETH: 0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
DOGE: DDe7Fws24zf7acZevoT8uERnmisiHwR5st
TRX: TQJRvEfKc7NibQsuA9nuJhh9irV1CyRmnW
BAT: 0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
BCH: qrfevmdvmwufpdvh0vpx072z35et2eyefv3fa9fc3z

Thanks, ca again in my next tutorial.


Tags
-----
Desk Planter, planter box, DIY planter, pallet project, pallet wood, pallet craft, Lockdown, stay home, Lockdown DIY Projects, wood working, woodworking video


No comments