Pallet Christmas Décor

Share:

  


Christmas is just around the corner and I wanted to create some of my own Christmas Decorations. Well naturally, I am not going to spend on something that I can make myself with things from my scrap wood bin. So, before crack opening a cold one with the boys, I planned to create some pallet stars, pallet houses and a pallet Christmas Tree.

To make life even easier, you can watch my video on how I made the stars and the Christmas Tree. It may give you everything that you need to get started, or it may just clarify the instructions written below.


Hardware Requirement



For this project we need:
  • Pallet Wood

Protective equipment like:
  • Face mask
  • Glasses
  • Gloves
  • Sanding Tool
  • Hammer
  • Measuring Tape
  • Nails
  • Handsaw or Chop-saw
  • Knife
  • Pliers
  • Pencil
  • and Paint of your choice


Dismantling The Pallet



Using 2 hammers I am dismantling the pallet. My aim is to reuse all the nails used in building this pallet so that, I can use them in building my project.


Sanding



Lets start the project by sanding the pallet planks to give them a nice and smooth texture.




Building The Houses


Since I am using an electric saw and will be placing me hands and fingers close to the blade, I have to pay extra attention and practice safety as much as possible. 
To create the pallet houses, I am using the thick pallet woods that is generally used to separate the bottom and top section of the pallet. 


To create the roof, I am cutting 45º angles from each side of the pallet. To get that 45º angle I have to draw a square and then cut along the diagonals of the square. Since the width of my pallet is 8cm, I am creating a square of 8cm side each and then joining the diagonals. 


Next, by cutting along the diagonals of the square I am able to extract two houses and two triangles of 45º angle each. As I don't like wasting any wood; so, I went ahead and cut two blocks of pallet and glued the leftover triangles on top of them. Once the setup dried up, I will sanded the edges and made it look like a single piece of wood. That's it, as simple as that.




Building The Stars


To build the Stars, I am using pallet-wood, however you can use any type of wood of your choice.
Each star has 5 long sides 7.1″ long and 5 short sides which are 6″ long.
Each of these 10 pieces will have one side cut to 36º angel and the other one to 54º angle.
Cutting a 36º angle is easy. Turn the saw's blade to 36º and then place the piece of plank standing straight and then just lower the blade, easy as.


However, since miter saw only goes to 45º, cutting a 54º angle is not that easy. I had to create a jig of 30º one side and 45º the other side. Now, lets do the math, 45 + 9 = 54º. So, to cut the 54º angle, I need to set my miter saw to 9º angle and then place the pallet plank next to the 45º side of the jig and then drop the saw. Boom, nailed it.


Now to create the star, we need to glue the 36º angle of the long side to the 36º angle of the short side as shown in the video. 


Once the sides dry up, join the 54º angles exactly the way I have shown in the video.




Building The Christmas Tree


Alright, now lets create the Christmas Tree. 
I could have done 3 separate videos but, naah..., anyways...
Cool, so lets get the top section sorted first. Cut a 5.5" and a 6.5" pallet plank with one side cut to 30º angle on each plank. Then let cut 4 x 7" planks for the sides. The bottom ones will also need to be cut at 30º angle each. The base is 14.5" long. 


For this setup, I have cut 2 x 4" planks for the trunk and one 5.5" plank for the base of the trunk.



That's it, now its just a matter of gluing all the planks together. Stay blessed and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.. 


Thanks


Thanks again for checking my post. I hope it helps you.
If you want to support me subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tarantula3


Support My Work:
BTC:  1M1PdxVxSTPLoMK91XnvEPksVuAa4J4dDp
LTC:  MQFkVkWimYngMwp5SMuSbMP4ADStjysstm
DOGE: DDe7Fws24zf7acZevoT8uERnmisiHwR5st
ETH:  0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
BAT:  0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
LBC:  bZ8ANEJFsd2MNFfpoxBhtFNPboh7PmD7M2

Thanks, ca again in my next tutorial.


Tags
-----
DIY Wood Stars,wooden star,pallet star,how to make a star,how to make a wooden star,how to make a star out of wood,wooden craft show idea,holiday star out of wood,simple wooden star,dewalt sliding compound miter saw goes to 54ºs,star,Christmas decorations,HowTo Make Farmhouse Style Wooden Stars,54º angel cut,woodworking,pallet craft,pallet project,1001pallets,pallet art, home improvement,Merry Christmas,We Wish You a Merry Christmas,how to make christmas tree,

No comments