Halloween Frankenstein Candy Box

Share:

Intro

Last year I created some Halloween Jacko Lanterns using repurposed pallet wood for Halloween. 
This year, I thought of creating a Candy Box and some Pallet Figurines for Halloween.


Hardware Requirement



For this project we need:
  • Pallet Wood

Protective equipment like:
  • Face mask
  • Glasses
  • Gloves
  • Sanding Tool
  • Hammer
  • Measuring Tape
  • Nails
  • Handsaw or Chop-saw
  • Knife
  • Pliers
  • Pencil
  • and Paint of your choice


Sanding



After dismantling the pallet I extracted all the nails from the pallet planks. My aim is to reuse all the nails used in building this pallet so that, I can use them in building my project. After that, I sanded the pallet planks to give them a nice and smooth texture.


Creating Frankenstein Candy Box


Woodworking


To create the candy box I adjusted the chop-saw to 5° angle. Then I extracted all the pieces of wood that I need for building the front bit of the candy box. The front and the back side of the box will have the exact same measurements.


The other two sides will be slightly shorter than the front and the back. Since the top of the front side is 19cm and the pallet planks are 1.5cm thick. I will cut 19 - (2 x 1.5) = 16cm block for the top bit of the remaining sides.


After extracting all the sides I joined them using wood-glue.


I found this thick piece of wood near a construction side. I am going to use this to create the stand of the candy box.



For the base, I made a plus shape with 9.5cm sides each. Then using wood-glue I joined them all together. 

Coloring


Next, with the help of my little monster, we painted all the piece of wood.



Creating Pallet Figurines

Woodworking


Creating the pallet figurines is very easy.
We just need to cut the figurines base in 'any angle' of your choice so that it looks a bit tilted and doesn't hide the one at the back.


Then cut two 45° angles from the top bit of the plank.


To create the base I am using 3 flat pieces of pallet-planks. It totally depends on you, how far you want to place the figurines from each other. Hence, I am not providing any measurements here.


Before coloring the planks, I glued the base and left it for drying under the sun.

Coloring


Now again with the help of my little monster, we one by one painted all the pallet planks.



To wrap it all up, I painted scary faces on all the pallet figurines and the candy box. 





Final Bits


Next, one by one using the wood glue I glued all the pallet figurines on the pallet base.
I also added 2 x bolts on the side of the Frankenstein's head.


So, this is how it looks like.
Do comment and let me know if there are any scopes of improvement. Stay safe and Happy Halloween :)



Thanks

Thanks again for checking my post. I hope it helps you.
If you want to support me subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tarantula3

Video: Video Link 
Full Blog Post: Blog Post 

Support My Work
BTC:  1M1PdxVxSTPLoMK91XnvEPksVuAa4J4dDp
LTC:  MQFkVkWimYngMwp5SMuSbMP4ADStjysstm
DOGE: DDe7Fws24zf7acZevoT8uERnmisiHwR5st
ETH:  0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
BAT:  0x939aa4e13ecb4b46663c8017986abc0d204cde60
LBC:  bZ8ANEJFsd2MNFfpoxBhtFNPboh7PmD7M2

Thanks, ca again in my next tutorial.


Tags
----
Halloween Candy Box,Halloween Wooden Candy Box,Frankenstein Candy Box,Halloween Pallet Jacko Lantern, Halloween, Pallet Jacko Lantern,Jacko Lantern,Halloween Ideas,Halloween Decoration, Pallet Craft,Pallet Project, happy halloween, halloween costume,what to do in Halloween,Frankenstein wallpaper

No comments